Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've been thinking - 4th year players
(08-14-2019, 09:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I agree with Fred on this: typically a player makes his biggest jump going from rookie to 2nd season with a good bit showing improvement 2nd to 3rd year. Sure there's some late blooming going on here and there but by far if they ain't got it by year 4 all they're gonna do is be average at best.

Having said that who of our 4th camp players are worth keeping and who needs to be turned lose ? Here's the list:

Trey Hopkins C/G
Keivarae Russel CB
Christian Ringo DE
Andrew Billings DT
Christian Westerman G
Nick Vigil LB
Jeff Driskel QB/WR
Clayton Fejedelem S
Cody Core WR
Alex Erickson WR

I left Boyd and Jackson III for obvious reasons.

I feel our past leadership failed quite a bit in hanging onto guys who just didn't have "it" for to long. I'm hoping the new think tank is better in this area.

I didn't know who Ringo was until he got hurt. No Shit! Some of these guys have not really had a legitimate shot. But, I see a lot of upside in Vigil and Erickson. Vigil did well last year until the injury. Also, to add to you opinion about past leadership, that has probably been the demise of many of these players and it's unfortunate. Our leadership didn't know how to coach up, teach, discipline then trust. A lot of players with great talent came here via the draft that had failed careers. Granted, a lot will not fair well under ZT either, but at least they will get attention and given the ability to show their stuff and learn from their mistakes. They will get a legitimate chance to make or break their own careers.

Marvin was an idiot at player development and so was the rest of the staff. John Ross is a good example, well, maybe a bad one in the same breath. Too many rookies didn't get their shot because of declining players with seniority. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I've been thinking - 4th year players - HarleyDog - 08-14-2019, 10:06 PM