Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last week we said "it was the Raiders"
(09-21-2015, 02:45 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I thought Zeitler was out with a foot injury, and I know that Newman was out. Whitworth had to play guard that game because of injuries. The secondary, and OL was in really bad shape that game. We had a lot of key injuries going into that game. The worst part about our injuries are they mostly only effect one or two position groups.

Here's the starting lineup's for that game:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201401050cin.htm

Zeitler started. Newman was out, but DreKirk was a pretty good fill-in.

Whit was playing guard because that's how we had so much success running the ball on the Chargers during the regular season.

(09-21-2015, 07:15 PM)J24 Wrote: I would say losing your top CB and top Pass rusher are huge losses. I don't think people realize how much those two meant to that particular team.

Look, if you're waiting for a season where we don't lose any good players to injury, you're probably going to be waiting for a very long time. I understand that Geno was a big loss that year, but we went 10 games without him, so there was no reason for the defense to suddenly fall apart. Plus we had a healthy Burfict, which was a luxury we haven't had much since then.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Last week we said "it was the Raiders" - Shake n Blake - 09-21-2015, 11:19 PM