Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worried about the running game? Consider the following...
(08-25-2019, 04:50 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I know I don't have to post here, yet I'm gonna say it...

What does it matter?

Pre-season tells nothing but who makes the final roster and some practice to knock the rust off the vets.

That's pretty much exactly my point - it doesn't matter. Yet we've got plenty of people saying the Bengals rushing game is already doomed because they're only averaging 2.5 YPC this pre-season.

The point is, if Joe Mixon can struggle in the pre-season behind a bad offensive line, but then still goes on to find success playing behind that same bad offensive line, maybe we should take a bit of a deep breathe here. That's all I'm saying. I expect Mixon to have success this season no matter how poorly the Bengals are running the ball this pre-season.

As far as a potential Mixon injury is concerned, obviously that'd be a huge blow. I would point out that Gio was more than serviceable as a starter behind that same bad offensive line last year, though (two games over 4.5 YPC). So even that might not be a complete death knell.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worried about the running game? Consider the following... - NKURyan - 08-25-2019, 11:58 PM