Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB?
(08-30-2019, 12:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And again, we can cherry pick but Bears fans won't forget passing on Aaron Rodgers because they had Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton, the Steelers passed on Marino because they had Terry Bradshaw and Malone or Cliff Stoudt or something, the Browns didn't NEED to take Ben, and so on.  There is a chance the Bengals passing on Mahommes because they had Dalton and McCarron (a guy Mike Brown valued at a 1st round pick or so) goes down as another draft boner.  

The counter to that would be that the Bengals also didn't take guys like Josh Rosen, Mitch Tribisky, Paxton Lynch, Marcus Mariota, Blake Bortles, Johnny Manzeil, EJ Manuel, or Brandon Weeden because they had Dalton, all of whom would've been downgrades at the position and sat the franchise back even further. So there's definitely a balancing act there. And I get that the counter is "well how far back could a bad team really fall back?"... but I think there's still plenty of room there, lol.

All I'm saying is, when the Bengals go to take their next QB of the future - and it's coming - I want to know that it's someone that ZT, Callahan, and the organization as a whole is comfortable with and ready to move forward with. I think a lot of people advocate replacing Andy just for the sake of replacing Andy, and I think that'd be a mistake. I think Reid took Mahomes because he fell in love with him more than because he knew he needed to move on from Alex.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Andrew Luck retires... Chance for the Bengals to trade a promising QB? - NKURyan - 08-30-2019, 01:31 PM