Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
56 hours of our playlist for September 6th, 7th and 8th
(09-02-2019, 12:08 AM)jason Wrote: It's funny cause I was browsing the playlists that you posted... I grew up a big Iron Maiden fan, and still have a soft spot for them. It's not Run to the Hills... It's Moon Child, and Ghengis Khan, but then a couple of songs later it might be Desperado by the Eagles. I think at times, that kind of variety can throw me off cause I can be in a mood, but damn if it isn't refreshing for radio... Even apps like Pandora can start to get repetitive. I like that it's all from vinyl too. The cracks and hums just add to it. I remember when I first clicked on that link, some obscure Ratt song was playing...

Props for playing I'm Going Down by the Boss too. An underrated song if ever there was one.
I completely understand the variety part sometimes takes people out of a rocking zone, I've heard it a few times. It's by design to A) be different than what's out there and B) serve as a promo spot for our upcoming attempts at other stations. If I take out the oldies, suddenly I'm just "The Bob with Metal". If I take out the Metal, I'm just "The Bob with oldies". If I knew that I could make money with a Metal station, that's all that I would do.

I'm allowed to broadcast one station over the air, but I can stream as many as I can afford. If our upcoming all vinyl Country takes off, I'll put up the Metal one, THEN I'll take The Kegger and copy it to two other computers and on one of them, take out the Metal and we'll have a mellower Kegger option. The other one, most of the country and the oldies will be deleted and we'll have a more jamming Kegger option. This particular stream will stay the same format because it's our on air computer and it will help promote our other streams to our locals.

Over the years, I've asked this question probably more than anybody on the planet
"What kind of music do you listen to?"
These are not hard facts, but these are honest estimations.
1% = Jazz, Blues, Classical, other
3% = Country
3% = Hip Hop/R&B
3% = Rock/Heavy Metal
30% = Ohhhhh, I listen to a little bit of everything
20% = I listen to a little bit of everything except Country
20% = I listen to a little bit of everything except Hip Hop
20% = I listen to a little bit of everything except Metal

Challenge accepted.

I'm in the "Everything except Hip Hop" camp.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 56 hours of our playlist for September 6th, 7th and 8th - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 09-03-2019, 02:05 AM