Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free agency and post cut(released) players
(10-08-2019, 07:43 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Somehow I missed this thread but did a search because I was going to start a similar one. Thinking about how hard it was to hire a DC, talk around the locker rooms is probably that "you can't win in Cincinnati." Maybe the OP is right that players don't want to come here. The reason I feel this may be an issue is because it seemed MB (kinda, in mb fashion) turned a corner by getting rid of ML and bringing in ZT. So, if players don't want to come here, then the team was stuck extending contracts of players here that should have been let go. The amount of those contracts are questionable, but makes sense.

It's also very possible that even if MB is trying to turn over a new leaf, people are not going to believe him. Not fans or players or coaches. One thing ML had here was respect from those in the NFL. ZT has very little and MB kills any respect ZT has in his bank. It's a thought anyway because TBH, I'm trying hard to figure this whole thing out. Then there's the possibility he's stubborn and still refuses to get very active in FA where it cost's money. There's also the possibility he's so stuck in his old ways that he doesn't realize what he's doing will not work and that the NFL has changed.

That Florida Gator DC that turned down the Bengals sure looks like he knows what he is doing.  

Regarding Mike Brown, I think he would need to physically expire or totally retire to a nursing home for others to believe his influences have been negated.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free agency and post cut(released) players - psychdoctor - 10-08-2019, 07:53 PM