Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rooting For NE, MIA, TENN For Bengals
(09-05-2019, 02:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The same Tennessee team that had the #3 scoring defense in the league and beat the Pats 34-10.

Not saying they are great, but with that D they can be tough on any team.  Mariota is a different QB with Delani Walker to throw to.

You were dead on about Walker and Mariota, although I still think Mariota is a bottom tier QB.  Cleveland had 7 personal fouls and one ejection by the fourth quarter.  That's 105 penalty yardage and losing your starting LT for the rest of the game.  It is early, but this new coach seems to have failed to instill a bit of discipline. 

I root for the Browns when they aren't playing the Bengals, but Baker Mayfield makes it a little hard to do now.  He has always been a first class feminine hygiene product, but he looks like he though he could just run around and improvise plays.  He was late on routes and looked lost.  I don't know how much of that was the Titans defense (I would imagine a lot) and how much was Mayfield thinking after his amazing rookie season that he didn't have to put in the work.

Either way, that stare down of Hue Jackson just might have come back to haunt the prique.  Funny thing was, Hue fought for him and wanted him drafted.  

They were in the game until the fourth quarter and completely imploded.  I have to say, they kind of deserved that.  They get the Jets on the road next week who look offensively challenged.  The Ravens get the Cards at home..that's 2-0.  Pitt has Seattle coming to their place.

After week 2, I could see the Ratbirds atop the division at 2-0, the Bengals and Browns in the middle at 1-1, and pitt at the bottom (love it...might have a 4=12 season and start talking about drafting a new Piggy) at 0-2. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rooting For NE, MIA, TENN For Bengals - SHRacerX - 09-09-2019, 08:18 AM