Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good game but 34 total rushing yards
(09-08-2019, 10:09 PM)McC Wrote: So you're Pete Carroll and you're going up against a rookie HC and you don't know what to expect.  The best, most reasonable assumption you can make is that his offense will be the Ram's offense.  First thing you're gonna want to do is make them one dimensional.  Since the strength of your defense is your front seven, it stands to reason that denying the run is the way to go and that's exactly what they did.

If it wasn't for a VERY inopportune heavy rain, an inexcusable 15 yard penalty from a veteran who damn well should know better and a missed FG, we'd be some very happy campers right about now.  I know, woulda, shoulda, coulda, but this seems like a situation where finding the silver lining matters.

Oh I found the silver lining.  Overall I was pleased with the result even though it was a loss.  I just thought the run stats were worth notice even when a team was trying to stop it.  But with a guy like Mixon that lead the AFC in rushing last year the Bengals are going to see that a lot.  So I guess maybe they should still see not being able to run over 34 yards as a bit of a concern even when other teams are stacking against it.  I guess maybe I kind of like the idea of being able to force the issue and imposing their will even when the other team is trying to prevent it.  Man that would be a great team.

I'm too drunk to talk about this anymore a and need sleep.  :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Good game but 34 total rushing yards - George Cantstandya - 09-08-2019, 10:22 PM