Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor on Offense Performance
(09-09-2019, 04:09 PM)psychdoctor Wrote:
Give ZT two more drafts and this will be a scary offense.  Give Sweet Lou another backer, Dennard, and maybe another safety/hybrid and the defense will be scary.  

Bengals will be SCARY!   Freakout

I am sure that some of this is trying to sell tickets to the home opener, but I like that ZT puts himself out there like that. 

One thing I wish more of us recognized is that every team in the NFL has "holes" in their roster.  It is what happens when there is a salary cap, and ridiculous contracts in free agency.  This is more in response to subsequent posts talking about the need to get more FAs and how they should have done that this year.  

With Green and Dalton's contracts almost up, you have the two centerpieces on the team getting what are sure to be massive raises.  The Bengals don't want them to go anywhere.  By carrying over some of the cap dollars, they can front-load their deals to minimize the impact down the road.  

This team has a very good roster.  No one wanted to believe that it had to do with Marvin.  We saw a COMPLETELY different looking defense (with a completely different outcome, too) with essentially the same players.  There are a lot of teams that I would not switch rosters with in the league.  

What you said about them being scary is true, but I think they can be scary THIS YEAR as they get more in a groove.  These players hardly played with each other at all in the preseason, as strategy I wholly embrace.  What good is the experience if you lose some of your key players to injury?  They are detail-oriented and they will only get better.  

Would I like to have had another solid LB?  Sure, I would.  Heck, it would have been nice if Malik Jefferson wasn't such a bust.  But I only look at two teams in our conference that I would be very skeptical that the Bengals could beat:  KC and New England.  The Texans looked really good against the Saints, but the Saints defense looked awful and I think Watson will not survive a season of how he played Monday Night.  Their defense is also very suspect.  Only KC and New England right now.  And maybe when Green gets back, this team can score with those teams. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Taylor on Offense Performance - SHRacerX - 09-12-2019, 08:07 AM