Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How has the Seattle game changed your expectations for the season?
(09-12-2019, 07:31 AM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: A rookie coach and coaching staff meant we entered this season with a high degree of unpredictability. We just didn't know what to expect. We've now had a taster and the coach and his schemes so how has that additional evidence changed your expectations of what to now expect this year?

For those of you predicting 5 or 6 win seasons have you revised your win expectations upwards?

For those that were predicting 9 or 10 win seasons have you revised your win expectation downwards now we've dropped a game you maybe had as a win?

I was actually one who always felt this would be better than a .500 team even with the new coaching staff.  There are just too many experienced players on this team to be really bad without suffering a bunch of injuries.

And after last weekend I am even more optimistic, albeit cautiously.  The reason why is the performance of both lines, and the aggressiveness of both the offense and the defense.  Coaching has made a difference in both aspects.

It's been a very long time where I can remember a Bengal WR running free on a crossing pattern with the potential for a big gain after catch (like the ball Ross dropped).  That's coaching and scheme.  Likewise, seeing the defense play fast was impressive.  Again, coaching, it's apparent the players are not wrapped up in their heads and just reacting to what's being presented.

It's still very early and who knows, but all in all I was more than surprised.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How has the Seattle game changed your expectations for the season? - Daddy-O - 09-12-2019, 08:35 AM