Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At least 8 Ex-Bengals on upcoming HOF nominees list.
(09-13-2019, 01:40 PM)Ravage Wrote: Boomer
Corey Dillon
Lorenzo Neal (I'd guess Chargers)
Chad Johnson
Willie Anderson
Richmond Webb (would be a Dolphin)
Justin Smith (almost certainly a 49er)
Takeo Spikes (likely not us)

Still, nice to see some of our guys getting consideration at least. Willie, Chad, Boomer and Corey all have solid cases.

And before anyone starts about Kenny Anderson or Ken Riley (among others) this list is JUST guys who've played in the last 25 years, so they're not eligible.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/12/pro-football-hall-of-fame-announces-122-modern-era-nominees-for-2020/

Chad should get in, but I think he gets hurt by the fact he really tailed off towards the end. People forget just how good he was for awhile. I used to think he was a shoe-in, but now I'm not so sure.

Corey should also get in, and if he does he should absolutely go in as a Bengal. His best year was as a Patriot but he was better for longer here. Unfortunately he did it for some really bad teams with nothing around him and no real spotlight on him nationally.

Willie deserves it but has no chance (IMO). He was always overlooked while he was playing, not sure why that would change now that he's retired.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: At least 8 Ex-Bengals on upcoming HOF nominees list. - NKURyan - 09-13-2019, 03:29 PM