Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At least 8 Ex-Bengals on upcoming HOF nominees list.
(09-13-2019, 03:49 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't think Chad gets in. He's 35th on the all-time receiving list with a lot of guys ahead of him who haven't been inducted yet. His dominant years of 2003-2007 were great but he needed more elite seasons than just those five IMO. He definitely deserves to be in a Bengals ROH though.

Dillon is probably deserving. He's 20th on the all-time rushing list with only 10 seasons of play. He's sandwiched between two HOFers Riggins and Simpson.

Boomer is interesting because he produced (very) well for his era, but will voters just compare him to what QBs are doing now? Heck, "meh" QBs like Joe Flacco and Matt Stafford have passed Boomer in yardage and approaching him in TD passes.

I believe Chad was the first (and possibly still only) WR to lead the AFC in yardage 4 straight years. He didn't have a terribly long career compared to some, but his peak was brilliant. If he gets in, great, if he doesn't I get it. But guys have gotten in on far less credentials than Chad brings (Terrell Davis and Gayle Sayers come to mind). Note: I'm not discounting Gayle Sayers in any way shape or form. Had he played nowadays he'd of had a much longer career, and what he was when healthy was absolutely unreal.

Boomer has something over both Flacco and Stafford though, it's called an MVP award.

Corey should be in, period. What he did with what little he had to work with was neigh super-human. People get salty about the whole flipping burgers thing, and throwing his gear into the stands, and I get it. But that man put the offense on his back single-handed and carried them, he deserves his due in Canton. If people can forgive Palmer for quitting, they can forgive Corey for his transgressions in a FAR worse environment than Palmer ever endured.

Willie I'd love to see get in, but I must agree I just don't see it happening. He deserves it, but we've seen far too often with the HOF that deserving doesn't = getting in *COUGH* Dan Fouts in, Kenny not *COUGH*
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: At least 8 Ex-Bengals on upcoming HOF nominees list. - Ravage - 09-13-2019, 08:12 PM