Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It’s a Marathon, Not a Sprint
Getting blown out by the 49ers in the Bengals’ home opener was flat out embarrassing. There were no bright spots. No one played even remotely well; this loss is on the whole team and the entirety of the coaching staff.

After some time to think — and a nice Mexican dinner — I have seen things from a new perspective. I’m going to give Zac Taylor, the coaches, and the whole roster the entire season to turn the Bengals around. Marvin Lewis started 0-3 in his first season and even the great Sam Wyche started 0-5. Zac needs the same consideration.

Let’s face some sobering facts. First, this roster was predominately formed under the previous regime. This means adjusting the playbook to the players, not drafting players to fit the playbook. As Zac gets more drafts under his belt the team will improve. Next, this is a whole new culture. I don’t see team members pointing fingers of accusation against each other which is terrific. Playing as a team is vitally important.

About a month ago I started a thread predicting a slow start and a fast finish for the Bengals. I stand by this assertion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
It’s a Marathon, Not a Sprint - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-15-2019, 09:15 PM
RE: It’s a Marathon, Not a Sprint - CJD - 09-16-2019, 11:21 AM
RE: It’s a Marathon, Not a Sprint - J24 - 09-17-2019, 01:45 AM