Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are the Offensive Line Issues Fixable this year?
(09-16-2019, 12:03 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Good posts today.

Honestly, why do you think Price is so bad in games? And he absolutely is.

He just doesn't seem to have it. Whether it's physicality or something else. Kind of shocking to see him get trucked by D-Lineman.

Well, he wasn't a 1st round talent.  He was a reach based on need.  He had a combine grade of 5.90 which is "Chance to become an NFL starter."  He was never a slam dunk/plug and play prospect to begin with.  I think a lot of people, myself included, got hypnotized by the fact that the Bengals finally took a 1st round C and the fact he played at OSU definitely boosted expectations, too.

He's a guy with big time weight room strength and a mean streak.  That was enough in college.  However, his technique was never great and he's not a tremendous natural athlete.  His combine scouting report mentioned that "Some scouts say he can be a challenging personality to deal with."  That could be an indicator that he's not very coachable.  They talk about fears that some of his technique issues may be ingrained in his muscle memory and tough to break.  My guess is he doesn't have the technique and/or natural athleticism to convert his weight room strength into functional strength.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Offensive Line Issues Fixable this year? - Whatever - 09-16-2019, 12:36 AM