Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe we need to clean house after the season if things go bad...
(09-17-2019, 03:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. The time to move on from Lewis was after the Pittsburgh Playoff loss. Probably the best thing for Lewis too. It's another way this team is mismanaged.

But, yes...you're right.

The hope was that new coaches could come in and fix players. (This basically meant that the old staff was bad.) Well...it doesn't appear that this will be the case from a development or scheme perspective.

We haven't added those 2-3 impact free agents.

And health was another thing that was being banked on. Well, health hasn't been there either...and it likely never will.

But, yes like you say the amount of needs we have are big...and guys like Green, Atkins, and Dunlap are 30/31...so as we fill needs, other needs will spring up. That's why it's tempting to trade guys for draft picks.

Honestly, IF I were the GM...I'd really have to think over what I'd do. IF going from a 5-6 win team to a 3-4 win team with a lot of draft picks significantly made the future brighter...maybe I do that.

I would say the pass offense has improved, simply due to new route combinations and using guys more to their strengths. The defensive line, if healthy, is a strong point of the defense, but if they don't get to the QB, the LBs and DBs can be exposed. 

They have long road to get near the top 10 teams in the league, but with the focus and effort they showed against Seattle, 8-8 +/- a game isn't unreasonable. Throw in a few breaks (that they rarely get--along with laying eggs on occasion) and 9 or 10 wins is possible...under the perfect circumstances of health+focus and effort+a couple breaks. 

Even over the last 3 years of losing records they went 4-3-1, 4-4 and 4-4 at home. A healthy, focused team should be competitive in 6 of the 7 remaining home games and 4 of their remaining road games. The rub is expecting them to be focused and healthy each remaining Sunday...

A whole lot of...(man, i hate this word) hope, to get near or just above .500

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maybe we need to clean house after the season if things go bad... - rfaulk34 - 09-17-2019, 04:42 PM