Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The type of season we'll have will be decided Sunday
(09-20-2019, 09:47 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: This is not a winning team. Period. Point blank. Full stop. This o-line is just too poor and our LB corp might be the worst in the league.

We have 2 key units that legitimately might be the worst out there.

What do you expect when they released Burfict (who had a down year last year), aren't playing their draft pick, and didn't pick up anyone new in FA? LBs these days can't get away with running a 4.7 or slower if they have to go sideline to sideline, and that's the case with Vigil and Brown, who are getting practically of the defensive snaps at LB. 

I'd be interested to see Brown and Vigil swap with Pratt and Evans to see how much better or worse the LB unit performed.

As for OL, that one is moreso on due to health. I think this OL would have been performing (far) better if Jonah (or even Glenn) was at LT and Boling (or even Glenn) was at LG. I'll be interested to see if Miller ends up playing more like he did in Game 1 or Game 2 throughout the season, as they were basically polar opposites.

If the team is satisfied with Dalton at QB, John Ross and Tyler Boyd at WR, and Dunlap-Hubbard-Lawson at DE going into next year, I'd absolutely love to see the Bengals get Andrew Thomas out of Georgia. Thomas is one of those OTs who should be very good at either OT position, so I'd love to see him and Williams either together on the left side or as the future bookends.

There seem to be a lot of good LBs set to hit FA in 2020, and one in particular sticks out that I think should be a target...Cory Littleton.
Littleton had 125 tackles, 3 INTs, 13 PDs, and 4 sacks last year. This year in just two games, he's already at 22 tackles, 1 INT, 4 PDs, and 1 FF.
Him with Pratt could be a very good combo and worth the investment.

Also of note...some very special former Bengal is set to hit FA after this year...Andrew Whitworth. I would hope Brown realized his mistake that Whitworth hadn't really declined like he thought and would consider bringing Whitworth back for another year or two to retire as a Bengal and help groom all these young OL.

Man, that would be a true idealistic scenario right there...  :andy:
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The type of season we'll have will be decided Sunday - ochocincos - 09-20-2019, 10:36 AM