Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving Forward: My Thoughts on Andy, AJ + Co.
(09-19-2019, 03:24 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: My understanding is that Dalton has another year on his contract so why re-sign him?  If the team ends up with a high draft pick then Zac can take his QB in the first round and Andy can work with him for a year then let Andy go.

I am also leaning towards not giving AJ a new contract. If Ross and Boyd continue to shine then the age/injury/cost doesn’t make sense for AJ. I love the guy but he will be in his 30s.

This team needs to try and find a couple of good LBs through trades/FA/draft.
I also think they need to draft another lineman - maybe a guard in the second round and at least one more tackle. They have shown that you can’t have too many good O linemen but you can have too many mediocre ones.

The Colts gave Brissett $15 million a year, so Dalton could possibly be had for similar money.  I think this team has way too many holes for a Top 5 QB to be very effective here anytime soon.  I say let Dalton continue to QB the team until the OL can be fixed enough to upgrade at QB.  The OL is ruining Mixon and they'd do the same to a rookie QB.  I don't see anyone worth much on this OL besides Jonah and that's if/when he recovers from injury.  Glenn is probably done, Smith walked in off the street and hell, Price is starting to look like a bust as well.  

With AJ Green making $15 mil/year and missing extensive time the last 3 of 4 years, to give him a raise seems crazy.  I think if this team falls to 0-3, they should look to try to trade him for OL/LB help.  With Ross and Boyd doing well, I think we have a decent bargaining chip here, not to mention AJ could go to a possible contender before he retires.  By next week it could very well be time to start seriously trying to rebuild this team for 2020.  After last week, I think the blueprint on how to dismantle the Bengals is pretty evident.  I'm expecting very little going forward, but I didn't have much hope for this season after they signed Hart to the big extension and were unable (or unwilling) to upgrade at LB or OL.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moving Forward: My Thoughts on Andy, AJ + Co. - 2MinutesHate - 09-19-2019, 05:24 PM