Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving Forward: My Thoughts on Andy, AJ + Co.
(09-19-2019, 05:24 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: The Colts gave Brissett $15 million a year, so Dalton could possibly be had for similar money.  I think this team has way too many holes for a Top 5 QB to be very effective here anytime soon.  I say let Dalton continue to QB the team until the OL can be fixed enough to upgrade at QB.  The OL is ruining Mixon and they'd do the same to a rookie QB.  I don't see anyone worth much on this OL besides Jonah and that's if/when he recovers from injury.  Glenn is probably done, Smith walked in off the street and hell, Price is starting to look like a bust as well.  

With AJ Green making $15 mil/year and missing extensive time the last 3 of 4 years, to give him a raise seems crazy.  I think if this team falls to 0-3, they should look to try to trade him for OL/LB help.  With Ross and Boyd doing well, I think we have a decent bargaining chip here, not to mention AJ could go to a possible contender before he retires.  By next week it could very well be time to start seriously trying to rebuild this team for 2020.  After last week, I think the blueprint on how to dismantle the Bengals is pretty evident.  I'm expecting very little going forward, but I didn't have much hope for this season after they signed Hart to the big extension and were unable (or unwilling) to upgrade at LB or OL.
Could not have typed it better myself. Agree with it all except I haven't given up on Price yet. Waiting to see how he plays at guard. Remember how bad Boling sucked his first 2 years then turned out pretty good.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Moving Forward: My Thoughts on Andy, AJ + Co. - WhodeyRay - 09-19-2019, 06:51 PM