Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Taylor fails to win a single game
(09-22-2019, 04:01 AM)Adamantium Wrote: I was, of course, exaggerating. The point is, I'm happy and excited ZT is here, even at 0-2. He's not a miracle worker and given this roster, I wouldn't expect him to turn this team into SB contenders at this point. It's clear now that he needs time to rebuild. The potential is there though. 

It's gotta be a given we at least beat the Jets and Dolphins. No way are we THAT bad. And then there's bound to be 2-3 games we eke out, perhaps unexpectedly. Likely more if this team shows up again like it did in Seattle. I'd say we'll be somewhere around 6-10 by the end of the season. Not good, but not horrible. Below average, but with this roster, that's a positive.

As for those scoffing at the idea of Taylor needing a few seasons to reshape this team.... just look at Kyle Shanahan. I believe this is his third year as coach of the Niners and he's finally to a point where he's getting things really moving the way he wants. The Niners are finally looking like they MAY be a playoff contender again. I believe this team will play out similarly. 

I don't disagree, but it's hard to tell if anyone is exaggerating about ZT since we are still somewhat in that "insane period of newness."  People were so starry eyed with ZT it wouldn't surprise me if they found a way to see a ZT loss as more inspiring than a Marvin Lewis win.  

After week 1 we were talking about surprising the NFL, then after week 2 it's all over, and if we beat Buffalo we're going to realize that being .500 is just around the corner and the AFC North is wide open and so on and so forth.  That's what makes the early weeks of the NFL so wacky, you are a single game away from talking about the draft or the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Taylor fails to win a single game - Nately120 - 09-22-2019, 09:54 AM