Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Taylor fails to win a single game
(10-22-2019, 03:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  Marvin Lewis had his chance and could not get it done.  I said he had to go after the 2017 season.

2.  The people who said "anyone but Marvin" were clueless.  Marvin was handicapped by possibly the worst front office in the league (Jags, Browns, Bucs, and Raiders might have been worse '03-'18), but still won more games and made the playoffs more than most other NFL teams.

3.  It is too early to judge Zach Taylor.  His O-line is a dumpster fire and his defense has some talent but looks lost way too often.  Give him some talent upgrades and a new DC and he might improve dramatically.

It is too early to judge ZT, but when you look at the shakiness of his resume, and Lou's, and Turner's and then factor in that we are 0-7 and our team is just so consistently awful in so many ways and...well, you get where I'm going with this.  If I hire someone with a sterling resume and he underperfoms early I get nervous, but he has a proven record of success I can fall back on to assure myself and my bosses.  If I hire someone with a shaky resume and he underperforms early I get very nervous because I have to try to justify why I hired a guy who didn't look ready before he got here and has flat-out drowned when he was thrown into the deep end.

A shaky or empty resume plus poor performance is a double whammy, so it's not too hard to see why people aren't full o' faith.

But hey, let's run this through the old "what if the Steelers did this?" machine.  So it's 2020 and Mike Tomlin is gone and the Steelers hire Dave Ragone to be their HC and they start the year 0-7...do we celebrate their demise?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Taylor fails to win a single game - Nately120 - 10-22-2019, 11:50 PM