Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Should Have Taken A Page From McVey
(09-22-2019, 06:28 PM)GodFather Wrote: So before the season when Zac was looking for his DC, I still think he should've went after an older successful experienced Defensive Coordinator. Lou is a new DC and unproven and in all honesty didn't have any stock in him before the season and he hasn't done anything to really change my mind.

I know and have said it's going to take time for Zac to shape this team into a successful team and have already written this season into a transitional year from day one, and am still ok with it.

But getting a successful DC to get this defense into shape would be working in tandem with Zac shaping the offense how he envisioned it. We'll see how it plays out...

I think an experienced DC would have been important if this wasn't a team in transition. But it's a rookie HC, a rookie OC and they probably weren't going to compete this year even if Zac had enticed Wade Phillips to join him. By the time we're ready to compete on offense, the DC won't be a rookie any more.

As an aside, I also think any DC will have a difficult job trying to build a defense without premium picks and without notable free agent acquisitions. The D has had just two picks in the top 70 in the last FIVE drafts (24th in 2016 and 54th in 2018) - and 2020 is increasingly looking like QB in the 1st meaning it's going to be several years before they get the injection of talent needed.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zac Should Have Taken A Page From McVey - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 09-23-2019, 09:31 AM