Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hang in there...better days ahead! (according to ZT)
(10-07-2019, 08:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Solid assessment.  Sadly, we will likely never see it except for a couple years where he had a decent (not Cowboy or even Raider-like) offensive line and rushing attack.  

The worst part of the team right now is the defense.  You see playmakers out there, but when the play is moved back in a different direction, an assignment is blown and the play gets an easy 10 yards.  I guess looking back it wasn't realistic to have any expectations of success when our game plan was "we are getting some guys back healthy" when those guys are camp monsters that rarely have a big impact during regular season games. 

The defense looks so inept that it has to impact the entire team.  I doubt Anarumo lasts long.  He will be the fall guy.  They should spend almost every draft pick on the defensive side of the ball.  The offense would be fine if Sample pans out (and why isn't he playing?) and they get Green and Ross back.  I know everyone is still harping on the offensive line, but it is the entirety of the lack of weapons on offense and injuries at the offensive line that has killed them this year.  Virtually every team is doing what Seattle did:  take away the run and make them pass.  But many of these teams have a better secondary than the Seahawks.  The Bengals have little threats in the WR corps that generate quick separation (especially with  the threat of Ross gone).  

The defense needs help at LB, S, CB, and Defensive line.  The offense really needs their weapons back healthy and a year of Jordan, Hopkins, and hopefully Price playing together in the middle of the line and Jonah Williams to be a rock at LT.  Hart is actually doing pretty well at RT, even though no one here will admit it.  

Defense, defense, defense, and a stud Guard to play RG.  That would be my dream draft next year.  Oh, and while I am dreaming, a better defensive coordinator and at least one FA LB.  

We could draft the right positions in the draft, but most of those guys don't contribute in Year 1...or are bad if they do.

Look, guys like MJ that we drafted are absolutely terrible. Pratt - No impact. I see him 10 yards down field on runs getting blocked.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hang in there...better days ahead! (according to ZT) - THE PISTONS - 10-07-2019, 10:16 AM