Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dre Kirkpatrick: Bengals better not trade A.J. Green
(10-07-2019, 10:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wide receiver A.J. Green remained out with an ankle injury as the Bengals fell to the Cardinals at home on Sunday afternoon and the latest Bengals loss was preceded by a report that teams have been calling the Bengals about potentially trading for Green.

Green has said that he’d like to spend his whole career with the Bengals, but he’s a free agent after the season and the team’s got a lot of building to do in the coming years. Trading Green would bring in assets to support that process, but cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick warned that such a move would have a negative impact on the team as well.

“It better not happen. It’s going to fall apart if you do that,” Kirkpatrick said, via the team’s website. “That’s our best player on the team. He’s not even out there. We don’t know how the team really should look. They can’t do that. I’m a team player first. I rally around my guys. That would really hurt my spirit if he walked out this door . . . I want everybody to stay. I want to win here. I don’t want to go anywhere. I’m not just a player for the Bengals. I do things in the community. A lot of guys in here do.”

If the Bengals want to fully tear things down and teams make strong offers for Green’s services, Kirkpatrick’s plea may not carry much water in what’s quickly becoming a lost season in Cincinnati.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/07/dre-kirkpatrick-bengals-better-not-trade-a-j-green/

Dre is living in a bubble. He seems to think this is a good team or something.

"It's going to fall apart..."????

Dre, it's in pieces already.

"We don’t know how the team really should look."????

Dre, we know exactly how this team does look. Pathetic.

"That would really hurt my spirit if he walked out this door..."????

Boohoo. Green isn't stupid. Mike Brown will low ball him, if he hasn't already. If the team doesn't trade him, they are looking a comp pick in two years, which depending on how the contract is structured, could be only a 5th rounder like they got for Whit. A trade will at least bring decent value in return.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dre Kirkpatrick: Bengals better not trade A.J. Green - BengalChris - 10-08-2019, 01:04 PM