Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0-5 86.9 when does the plug get pulled ?
(10-07-2019, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is just not true.  Period.

According to Profootballoutsiders last year Dalton's DVOA under pressure was -49.9.  That ranked 11th best out of the 34 QBs with at least 200 pass attempts.  PFO goes one step farther and looks at the difference between QBs DVOA with pressure and without.  Dalton had the 12th lowest difference.  So he is effected by pressure less than most QBs in the league.

All of these claims that Dalton sucks so bad under pressure and that so many other QBs do better is just BS.  It come from obsessing on every mistake Dalton makes and ignoring every good play he makes. 

I honestly think a lot of people don't watch the other games, just highlights. I see QBs all over the league making some similar mistakes. The issue here is that a lot of the time no one picks up the slack to overcome the obstacles. I'd also say Andy can't overcome obstacles on his own a lot of the time.

That said, I think it's time to move on for all parties involved. I just hope we find a QB that's at least as good, or it could be a long uphill climb for this team.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 0-5 86.9 when does the plug get pulled ? - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-07-2019, 01:52 PM