Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
0-5 86.9 when does the plug get pulled ?
(10-07-2019, 01:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I've been a Dalton supporter since he was drafted and have always pulled for him to become a top tier QB. We're now in year 9 and it still hasn't happened. With the exception of 2015, he's never had an elite type season. I mean, he it what he is at this point. Although he is capable of having an awesome performance at times, he still has many of the same flaws and shortcomings that he had early in his career. 

Andy is capable of being a winning NFL QB in the right circumstance. After 9 years, I don't think we should wait around for that circumstance to be here again. The team is able to part ways with Andy after this season and I think they should. I think it would be best for them and for Andy. Keeping him around at this point, sort of feels like forcing a situation to continue when it really doesn't need to and probably isn't best for either side. 

I'm not saying you bench Andy right now, but if they continue to look bad and lose games over the next 4-6 weeks, I think you have to start taking a serious look a Finley to see what you have in him, so that so that you're not going into the offseason not knowing how he looks against NFL competition in a starting role. 

That's pretty much where I'm at right now. You can win with Dalton, but he's not enough to overcome this many weaknesses (like poor playcalling, poor OL, etc.). That said, even though we're not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs - and given how weak our division is, making the playoffs is still a possibility - I think we should start to look to the future. Give Finley a couple of starts against the weaker defenses (compared to other NFL  teams, not us, obviously) see if he might be a guy we could be our QB of the future. If he is, that leaves our draft picks to be used to fill other areas of weakness.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 0-5 86.9 when does the plug get pulled ? - PhilHos - 10-07-2019, 02:07 PM