Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
5 Games in and We're Leading the Tankathon!
(10-08-2019, 10:40 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: On offense, what studs do we have? AJ and Mixon.

Is he, though?

Until I see another great season or two out of Mixon, he's not out of 1-year-wonder territory, which is seriously a thing for RBs.

LeGarrette Blount in 2010
Peyton Hillis in 2010
Jeremy Hill in 2014
Thomas Rawls in 2015
Steve Slaton in 2008
Ickey Woods in 1988
Doug Martin had two in 2012 and 2015

Those are some off the top of my head, I am sure there's more. The point is, RB is a spot where a player can look unstoppable for a year, sometimes two, and do nothing of note for the rest of their career. Until Mixon proves otherwise, he has 1 bad year, 1 good year and 1 year that is bad so far.

My 2 main concerns about Mixon are...
1. Durability: He missed games each of his first two seasons, and he was hurt this season but didn't miss any full games.
2. Lack of Explosiveness: He simply doesn't have the ability to take a play to the house. He has scored 14 TDs so far in his career and 0 of them have been for 20+ yards. Only 2 of them have been for 10+ yards. It is hard to call a RB a stud when he's not a threat to score a touchdown any time he touches the ball.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5 Games in and We're Leading the Tankathon! - TheLeonardLeap - 10-08-2019, 11:05 AM