Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
5 Games in and We're Leading the Tankathon!
(10-08-2019, 10:40 AM)PV Bengal Wrote: I agree with your thinking. Regardless of what some posters think, the talent level on this roster is, in general, pathetic. And a 1st round QB won't fix that. It may mask it but it won't fix it.

On offense, what studs do we have? AJ and Mixon. What could start somewhere else guys do we have? Boyd, Gio and possibly Dalton depending on the team. And I'm not mentioning Eiffert in either category because he's injured more often than not. So, on offense , 5/11 of the roster are NFL-quality starters.

On defense, same question. Stud ... Geno. Starters elsewhere? Probably Dunlap, WJ III, and Bates. So 4/11 of the defense are NFL-quality starters.

There's also been a lot of talk on this board about making trades to get draft picks. But who do you trade and what do you get in return? You probably can get a #1 for AJ. The Dalton-haters may want him gone, but you probably only get a 3rd rounder in return. Since Geno and Carlos are getting long-in-the-tooth, their ceilings are probably 2nd round and 4th round. So trading our 4 best older players gets an extra pick in the first 4 rounds. With the 8 picks we'd then have, we ought to be able to draft 3 OL starters and 3 LB starters in the 2020 draft.

Gio would not start on any NFL team. He's strictly a change of pace, rotational back.

Sam Hubbard is a quality starter and, it pains me to say it, but Kirkpatrick could start on many teams.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5 Games in and We're Leading the Tankathon! - BengalChris - 10-08-2019, 01:19 PM