Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The AFC North is bad as a whole....
(10-09-2019, 08:48 PM)CincyKid Wrote: I was going over Clev schedule at work today w/ a BrownStain fan...…...they could easily finish the season 7-0

look it over and tell me if im wrong

You are not wrong.  That would give them a 9-7 record.

I will say that depending on Green we could maybe sweep the Browns.  The Ravens did lose to them once.  However it is still a divisional game, and the Ravens aren't going to just play dead, so that could also be a loss.  Don't sleep on the Steelers sneaking out some wins either.  The Steelers could even sweep them as well.

So while they could go 7-0, I don't think they do.  Even with 1 loss from each division opponent that 9-7 record quickly becomes 6-10.

Cardinals in Arizona might give them fits as well and they could have a 5-11 record.

I am fine with the Browns winning the Division though.  I think they lose in the playoffs immediately, and due to being the division winners, they have the 21st pick.

I am not in favor of tanking or losing intentionally.  However I wouldn't be too upset if we had a top 10 pick and Georgia's OT is available for us.  With Williams on one side, and Thomas on the other side, Price in at OG and Hopkins at Center, and this line will hopefully play much better.  If we forgo Thomas, then his Georgia teammate Kindley would be ideal.

Me personally, I would be looking at Thomas in the first and hope that Kindley is still there in the 2nd, but if not, Bredeson from Michigan wouldn't be a terrible 1-2 punch for our 1st and 2nd rounds.

I would then start targeting LBer in the 3rd round, as there seems to be quite a few good ones that should be available.

Now if we trade Green, it is still possible to beat the Browns, but if we traded him for a 1st rounder, then I will be hoping for us to take both Georgia guys and then target LBer in the 2nd round.

This way if we stay with Dalton or move on, the OLine will be improved with some talented and high quality players.

I wouldn't mind Williams, Kindley, Hopkins, Price and Thomas.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The AFC North is bad as a whole.... - OswaldsLegacy - 10-09-2019, 10:40 PM