Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sounds like the Bengals aren't interested in trading players for picks
(10-09-2019, 11:56 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think the opposite can be true for our best players though...that in a normal organization their actual production would be higher.

With AJ Green, I certainly think that would be the case. IF the Falcons drafted him instead of Julio Jones, Green would likely have several 1600 yard receiving seasons.

Now guys like Nick Vigil...I doubt they go to some other team and become a star. We've seen that over and over where guys are bad here and go elsewhere and are bad.

But our great players like Justin Smith, Joseph, Spikes, etc...do go places and thrive.

Those guys are pretty far removed from the current situation.  However, Joseph and Spikes thrived quite well here, and were highly regarded by the fan base.  For some reason, there just wasn't as much fan love for Justin Smith.

AJ Green would have been a star on any team that would have drafted him, thus the title "star" player.  Nick Vigil is pretty darned far from being a "star" player in everyone's eyes.  (One would think, at least)

What I was getting at is, as they stand, currently at this moment, our "star" players have their greatest return value to the team during this trade deadline leadup.  Once the season is over, AJ is a FA and only worth a 3rd round comp pick at best, where as right now, he might gather a 1st round pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sounds like the Bengals aren't interested in trading players for picks - SunsetBengal - 10-09-2019, 12:52 PM