Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ineptness quantified statistically
(10-14-2019, 08:23 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I'm not saying the offense has been good, but I disagree there.

The defense has been far worse, and yesterday was a great example.  6 of the 30 snaps with the lead occurred yesterday before the offense ever took the field.  But the defense never forced a 3rd down the entire drive.  Tied game.  The Ravens first third down was deep in the red zone on the 4 yard line during their second drive, the snap before we trailed 14-7.  The next third down was the snap before they went up 17-7.

Now establishing a running game will help even out time of possession some, but even with fresh legs and a lead to start the game, the defense is can't make a stop.  It's too easy for the opposition to move the ball, and a bad offense damn sure isn't going to develop a rhythm sitting on the bench.  And that oline definitely needs to develop a rhythm...

I guess a team is asking a lot for a defense that has such a disparity of TOP because the offense goes 3 and out.   It is easy to point the finger at the defense and I will admit the defense looks pretty bad in terms of gap integrity, players position, players inability to read keys.  But they also held the Ravens to a season low in points I believe.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ineptness quantified statistically - psychdoctor - 10-14-2019, 10:55 PM