Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The draft network mock draft.
(10-18-2019, 01:51 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I guess that depends on who you talk to...

A fair amount of guys don't see him as being the best in years.

That being said, there is no way in the world that Jets give up that much to move up to #1.  It's just not realistic, not for a defensive end.

If we took a CB in the top 5 with HUGE needs at QB and OT, then I know nothing has changed with this team.

I wouldn't say our need at QB is huge, though we do look like we'll have an option to upgrade with this draft. 

I do like drafting corners and I wouldn't say this is a bad time to do so -- our defense needs help. Yes more of that need is at linebacker but the draft addresses that with a late pick and by saying there wasn't anything better sooner. It isn't clear we are going to re-sign Dennard and Dre K could be upgraded, especially for what we are paying for him. Remember, it tends to take a corner a year to get up to NFL speed anyways and there is nothing wrong with have 1st round corners on your roster if you can manage it (rotation and injuries happen). A great defense fixes problems with everything else. 

And OT is also addressed. Again it might be later than we like but the pick is there. Frankly if the draft went this way and we got a better defensive coordinator we would be doing well I think. 

Edit: That said, I do wonder if the first two picks in this draft would flip. I have Fromm higher than Okudah (I notice a pre-dilection for Ohio State players here but tOSU has turned out some good corners recently so I'm on board). If you did want a first round corner, CJ Henderson is ranked higher than Okudah, but I haven't seen him play. Then too, if you're going to take Fromm in the first (because he won't be there in the second) you might as well just take Justin Herbert (remember, the Jets traded up to get Chase Young). 

Of course a lot of this could shake out different. Maybe with Darnold back the Jets win enough games that they are picking more mid-round. Heck, maybe we win some games. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The draft network mock draft. - Jpoore - 10-15-2019, 05:19 PM
RE: The draft network mock draft. - Jpoore - 10-15-2019, 08:38 PM
RE: The draft network mock draft. - Synric - 10-16-2019, 03:27 PM
RE: The draft network mock draft. - Synric - 10-16-2019, 05:24 PM
RE: The draft network mock draft. - Jpoore - 10-16-2019, 08:23 PM
RE: The draft network mock draft. - BoomerFan - 10-18-2019, 02:11 PM