Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon severely underutilized in passing game
(10-17-2019, 11:14 AM)Au165 Wrote: Why is getting him a ball in the passing game a priority? The disconnect here is you think that is more valuable than keeping the QB upright, which is the disconnect. Priority one is always to get the ball off and we struggle to do that. As I said, without knowing the call I'd venture to say the HB's are on a decent amount of check and release routes where they are being forced to stay in because of pressure not by play call.

Why is it a priority? Because he's the best offensive player on the field and you have to find a way to use him.

Obviously, in my original post, I stated the short comings of the offensive line. There are also things you can do to help the offensive line other than drop straight back 40 times a game. Move the pocket. While Andy's pocket presence isn't very good,  he can be serviceably mobile if the play design calls for it. Keep a TE in to block. Run mis-direction play action. Utilize Mixon in the passing game on 1st down when defenses are in their base defense. Use him on 3rd and short other than an off-tackle run. You can still create mis-matches with him in the passing game, but with a bad offensive line it will take more creativity than what I've seen. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon severely underutilized in passing game - Fullrock - 10-17-2019, 11:55 AM