Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion
(10-24-2019, 01:19 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Didn't he draft Akili Smith when we had Jeff Blake as our starting QB?

Jeff Blake was a surprisingly decent FA pickup, but I wouldn't put him on the level of Boomer/Palmer/Dalton.  Yes, he moved on from guys like Blake or Kitna, but other than FA fill-ins and total busts Mike Brown hasn't shown he can or will move on from an actual decent starting QB.  Remember, after 2010 when everything was pretty awful his plan for 2011 was to just change nothing.

I know we like to imagine that Mike Brown fired Marvin and he's going to move on from Dalton, but he's more likely to just drive people away with his apathy than to actually take the initiative to shake things up. I just don't see Dalton wanting out or having the options outside of Cincy that Boomer and Palmer did and I don't see Dalton demanding action from the front-office, either.

I just don't see Mike Brown making much change without people forcing him to through their own frustration and issue with his inactivity.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Glenn at odds with Bengals over concussion - Nately120 - 10-24-2019, 01:23 PM