Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Hart got Mad at Dalton on the Allen Sack
(10-23-2019, 03:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course they were better than Dalton.  that was the whole point of me choosing them to prove that even good QBs suffer with lack of talent/coaching.

You claim that their personal performance rarely suffers is also wrong.

I could go on and on posting examples of good healthy QBs who had bad streaks or seasons in the middle of their careers.  It isn't that they happen to forget how to play QB or throw a football for a few years and then remember again.  Instead it has to do with the talent/coaching surrounding them.  If good QBs could just magically elevate the talent around them they would never have these down spells.

I agree that good QBs elevating others around them, to winning season's, when they have a bad team, isn't really a thing. 

I think it is possible that they can elevate the team to a certain extent. The better QBs that you named still produced good numbers (to different levels) with only a couple exceptions. I don't think it's out of the question to wonder how much worse the team would have been, without the QB they had. 

As i said before, those better QBs can still put up good personal numbers with a bad team around them. Dalton doesn't have that ability. That was the point i was making. No, those guys couldn't elevate a bad team, but they could still put up decent to good numbers, so using them as an example, for Dalton, isn't really a good meauring stick. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hart got Mad at Dalton on the Allen Sack - rfaulk34 - 10-23-2019, 08:19 PM