Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if any are the positives this season
A lot of positives for the Bengals IMO...

1: Most of the games have been close and winnable. The Bengals have had the lead or tied in the 4th quarter for, I believe, 4 or 5 of their losses. The Bengals aren't being massacred, they are losing. There is a major difference between the two in terms of outlook, IMO. Most of these games have come down to 3 or 4 plays. Which leads me to...

2: I like the coaching staff. Personally, I saw a disastrous season coming. I was okay (even bought $1,800/each season tickets - if that shows my commitment to enjoying the games no matter what) with that because I felt like with Taylor being super young and a HC newb, he was going to go through a lot of learning and growth. I feel like he is willing and able to change and am looking forward to that growth. Failure is far better teacher than success.

Side note: I appreciate his press conferences a lot and it shows he has a lot of character and self awareness. I understand the Bengals are losing, but Taylor continues to stand up there and take the heat instead of giggling off dismissively.

3: I LIKE the defense. Yep, that's right. I said it. I actually think the Defense has done a great job for the most part. DO they need players? YES. Are they needing to grow? YES. Are they doing their job until getting overwhelmed? For the most part....YES. I don't hate the D and think that they have fought their butts off through some major injuries and still kept the games reasonably close. If the offense could do ANYTHING (again, these games have come down to 3 or 4 plays, typically on offense) I believe it changes a lot of things and the Bengals could realistically be 4-3, 5-2, or even 6-1.

4: John Ross. He looked like stock trending WAY up until he got injured. That was exciting. Maybe he is Chris Perry 2.0, or maybe he is TJ or TO where his first few years are a mess and the light comes and then stays on. Either way, Ross was at least showing why the Bengals took him.

5: Auden Tate. Tobin gave an interview after the 2018 draft and said that the player he was most excited about was Tate. Then, Tate was never shown the field. Well.... who's laughing now? Tate is showing some major chops. Pressure makes diamonds. Tate is shown the field and is shining brightly. So much room to develop with him, I am excited to see him continue to play.

6: Now we know. The contract extension for #14 has worked itself out and the Bengals are ready to move on from the trap of "mediocre quality". The QB play has needed to get much better to be competitive and it just hasn't progressed forward. #14 couldn't grow past his peak in 2015 enough to find the consistency to maintain that level of play. The Bengals seem to have relented to that fact and, hopefully, allow #14 to move on after his current deal expires.

There's much more, but I'll stop there. Better things lie ahead for all! Be happy and excited about that, Bengals fans!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What if any are the positives this season - PDub80 - 10-22-2019, 07:55 AM