Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are being coached by a millennial
(10-22-2019, 02:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Mike Brown wants to do whatever is needed to put people in seats. 
This is his sole business and therefore is directly tied to his livelihood. It also impacts his family's livelihood given the FO is composed of many of his family members.
He (reluctantly) replaced Marvin Lewis to appease the fans, as many quit showing up to games because they lost any hope Marvin could get this team deep into the playoffs.
The issue is that the organization operates on such a different approach than most (all?) other NFL franchises and a lot of their approach is antiquated.

So Mike Brown will do anything to get butts in seats but he won't operate the Bengals in a manner by which other NFL franchises operate?  That just doesn't make sense to me.  That's like saying you want to be in great shape but you don't want to eat right or exercise.  Or it's like wanting to put all your groceries in one bag but for that bag not to be heavy...or something. 

EDIT - Actually it's more like if I inherited a high-class and high-price restaurant in Manhattan...but I wanted to do the cooking myself even though I'm not even a decent cook much less a gourmet chef. I can look and see what my competition is doing...hmm hiring chefs....yeah I'd rather just do it myself. I want this place to be the best but I also want to just make people grilled cheese and ramen noodles. You can see my dilemma here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: We are being coached by a millennial - Nately120 - 10-22-2019, 02:30 PM