Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Bengals, Whitworh and London
(10-22-2019, 02:52 PM)3wt Wrote: While no one does it right all the time, the Pats seem to know when to release someone and when not to.   Whit was at the top of his game and was showing no signs of a decline.  Just because the Pats let aging or declining players go doesn't mean the Bengals have made the right move when they do the same thing.  It's about the right timing and good judgment.  And they seem to be better prepared to replace the players they are letting when they release their veterans.   The Bengals in the case of Whit and Hart have shown poor judgment.

And the Pats don't make comments designed only to defend their decisions (as far as I can tell, though I don't read the local press).  They just say all the positives about the player they can, wish them well and move on.  Troy Blackburn has not only been part of poor decisions, he has handled the backlash with defensive, classless comments.

I was excited about the prospects of a new generation of the Brown family coming down the road.   But in my mind Mike Brown has much more class than Troy Blackburn.

There's a BINGO
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
On Bengals, Whitworh and London - kevin - 10-22-2019, 03:12 AM
RE: On Bengals, Whitworh and London - 3wt - 10-24-2019, 02:50 PM
RE: On Bengals, Whitworh and London - 3wt - 10-22-2019, 02:52 PM
RE: On Bengals, Whitworh and London - bengalfan74 - 10-22-2019, 03:20 PM