Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question For Lawyers (Or Anyone)
(10-24-2019, 10:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I deleted my post about yoour parents.  I did not mean to insult them as much as make a point about your argument.

Every parent knows there is a chance that their children will drink.  You had done this many times before and your parents had failed to monitor your behavior.  So if your parents did not take steps to stop you then they would be just as responsible for the accident as the parents of your friend.  You can't let your parents off the hook just because they were too lax to ever catch you.

Your friends parents did not let him have a car.  They did not provide the alcohol.  They did not do anything to cause this accident.

You knew he was a maniac.  You were the one who was drinking and got into the car with him.  You need to stop trying to blame other people for your mistake.

This issue is way too personal for me to keep arguing with you about it.  I am going to let this drop here.  I just hope you learn how to let it go instead of obsessing over it for the rest of your life.
Ha!

Blame other people for my mistake?!  I'm a public "speaker" to prevent kids and adults from making the same mistake I did, but I blame other people?!  

Why do you think it's ok to continuously take false shots at me in order to try and make me look bad?  And, like in this instant, you'll never admit that you're wrong.

And the judge ruled that his parents had no way of foreseeing that he'd drink, yet you just said that every parent can!  You're arguing against yourself now!

Also, the fact that you deleted your post, as well as the false things you post, shows that you'll do anything, and go to any lengths, to win an argument, but it never works out.
(10-24-2019, 12:42 PM)UKWhoDey Wrote: Ive surmised from just this thread the OP has sued his friend over a drunk driving accident? What is OP liable for? Damaged property at the cemetary? Now the cemetary is liable because y'all chose that as a place to drink? Lol....wow. Im not a lawyer, just a curious bystander and from what Ive seen so far this seems extremely petty and completely obvlivous....total lack of accepting personal responsibility.  This seems pretty ridiculous, especially the parental angle.  Get real man, thats a ridiculous argument.  Maybe there's more to this.  Ill hang up and listen.

My parents sued his parents,

The cemetery was liable because the caretaker (our friend's dad and they lived in the cemetery) let us drink back there, bought us beer, and set the stage for what happened to happen.

We were 15, and we don't drive anywhere if we don't have the cemetery to go to (it was just up the street), we don't get drunk in the cemetery, and we don't go speeding/joy riding if the gates were locked, like they were supposed to be by law.

Messages In This Thread