Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Trades The Ringer Would Like to See -- Would You?
(10-24-2019, 01:38 PM)shanebo Wrote: The Ringer just published its version of the many "NFL Trades We'd Like to See Before the Deadline" column.  https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/10/24/20929646/the-nfl-trades-wed-like-to-see-before-tuesdays-deadline

This one lists three theoretical Bengals trades:

a. AJ Green to Washington for Trent Williams
b. Geno Atkins to Oakland for 3rd rounder
c. Andy Dalton to Chicago for 2020 2nd rounder and 2021 1st rounder

Would you like to see any of those trades?

I'm sad to admit it, but at this point in the season I'd jump at a and c.  I love AJ, but he's not getting us to the playoffs this year, will be looking for a big contract next year, and is a huge injury risk.  Williams is under contract next year and would provide us immediate help at a position of need.  Trading Dalton would let us evaluate Finley, and if he sucks, to draft a QB early next year (which we'll probably do anyway).  Main issue is I don't see either trade happening, as player/player trades are rare in the NFL and I don't think the slight Trubisky-to-Dalton upgrade is worth a 1 and 2.

Forgot to add: I wouldn't do the Geno trade, as I would need more than a 3rd for him (although I could be overvaluing him).

a. I’m down to trade AJ but I don’t want Williams...Show me your picks

b. I want some sort of sweetener in that Geno deal. A 3rd alone doesn’t quite get it done.

c. I might hurt myself rushing to sign off on that one.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: NFL Trades The Ringer Would Like to See -- Would You? - HuDey - 10-25-2019, 12:09 AM