Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Hire New Hitting Coach
(10-24-2019, 05:21 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: There’s nowhere to go but up!!   Think positive!

Agreed.  And I believe we will.  Hard to say we will make the playoffs next year right now until we see what moves we make as well as the rest of the Central.   You can bet your butt the Dirty Birds wont stand pat after their playoff sweep.  But our FO walked the walk this past offseason and so far their talk this offseason says they're going to be aggressive.   I really hope so.  We are just a few key pieces away in certain areas.

I personally would like us to put Senzel at 2nd.  The Peraza, Dietrich, Galvis, etc rotation..enough.  We have a potential HoFer at that positon if theyd just use him there.

That leaves OF.  Why not put Lorenzen out there.  We need bullpen help anyway.  Go sign some bullpen guys.  We also need at least one new power bat in the OF.  Youre looking at adding someone in both areas regardless.

And then, and this is a pipe dream, why not move Suarez to SS? Thats where he played in Detroit, beat out by Iglesias.  This would of course assume hes improved his fielding enough to warrant it.  I have no idea.  But if so, then go add Rendon in FA.  An IF of Votto, Senzel, Suarez and Rendon? Giddyup boys! 

And of course catcher.  Yasmani Grandal should be a priority add.  I love Tucker but his bat is a bit of a liability.

All of those are just random thoughts.  We clearly need to add an OF power bat.  You need to lock down at least 1 player who is of a higher caliber than our commitee at 2nd and SS.  I loved Iglesias clutch hitting and his fielding but hes 30...if the price is right OK but if not we need to do something there.  Id prefer Senzel move to 2nd.

And then of course go get bullpen arms.  Aces.  Give Amir some help.  
[Image: proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ibb.co%2...a3b09aaec9]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Reds Hire New Hitting Coach - UKWhoDey - 10-24-2019, 03:12 PM
RE: Reds Hire New Hitting Coach - UKWhoDey - 10-24-2019, 10:34 PM
RE: Reds Hire New Hitting Coach - UKWhoDey - 10-25-2019, 06:45 PM
RE: Reds Hire New Hitting Coach - Yojimbo - 10-25-2019, 07:47 PM