Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I can't help but wonder, when will we be back ?
(10-27-2019, 06:15 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The Reds have the makings of a solid rotation although I’m not as big on Bauer as most are. They should still have 3 or 4 solid starting pitchers. They have 2 or 3 decent relievers and 1 solid position player to count on. There is some potential with the position player but it mostly feels like a bunch of AAAA players. They have money to spend but they have to be creative and make that money go as far as possible and really hope that Votto can get some of his OBP back. I haven’t been impressed with this ownership group. They tried to be creative last offseason and it didn’t work but at least they tried. It all hinges on how they decide to spend and trade. I don’t know how they can feel comfortable with Iglesias penciled in as the closer. He could bounce back but he’s looking very iffy.

Yep

I understand the Reds don't have the money to go all Yankees in free agency, but. They need to take some big steps and stop the baby stuff. Go get a LH slugger for LF and stop platooning Larry, Curly, and Moe. 

Like you say, get a real closer. Do their damndest to find a top level LH starter. If they can swing a leadoff CF that's icing on the cake !

Hope and pray Votto can pull his head out of his @zz and Aquino is the real deal. They'd have a team that could challenge a bit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I can't help but wonder, when will we be back ? - bengalfan74 - 10-27-2019, 06:25 PM