Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengal Fans suddenly have "Chase Young Fever"
I don't often post in them, but I do read some of the Bengals FB groups postings. After his 4 sack performance yesterday, it seems like the prevailing opinion in those groups is that the Bengals need Chase Young to come and save the franchise.

While I agree that Chase Young is a fantastic player, I don't really think that he's the "one guy" who can be added to this team, and suddenly things will change for the better. The RDE position is currently filled by a rising star for the Bengals, Sam Hubbard. So, if you bring in Chase Young, what do you do with Hubbard? I'm sure that the knee-jerk reaction would be to just switch him to the LDE position, currently occupied by the recently extended Bengal great, Carlos Dunlap.

So, let's imagine that someone decides that Chase Young is the man, and the Bengals draft him. Let's say that they have an epiphany, and decide that Dunlap is a great piece of trade material, and go with putting Hubbard over on the Left side. I've never seen Hubbard play Strong Side End, in college or with the Bengals. i'm not sure that he's physically cut out for that particular job. So, in that case you would have 2 very similar players for the RDE position, and traded away your very good LDE. Now what??

My point of making that illustration was to show that if the Bengals are drafting top 3, the wise move would be to go with the franchise QB, Joe Burrow. When picking in the top of the draft, you need that cornerstone with which you're going to build your team around. They already selected their LT of the future this year, in Jonah Williams, now it's time for the new franchise QB, LB, and RT to give this team some teeth.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bengal Fans suddenly have "Chase Young Fever" - SunsetBengal - 10-27-2019, 10:23 AM