Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ and FO Very far apart in contract talks.
(10-31-2019, 06:47 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So I heard on radio this morning that the FO and a Green are very far apart in talks. Ok hate to keep bringing this up but if talks are that bad already surely they knew this before the trade deadline. So again why not trade him. Nothing they can do now but one would think they had to know where they stand in talks before the trade deadline, wouldn’t you think? I know we bash this FO and rightfully so but can they really be this inept.

AJ said he put the negotiations on hold when he got injured in TC.  He then started them up again AFTER the trade deadline.  He also conveniently isn't ready to play until after the trade deadline despite an initial prognosis of a return in week 3 or 4.  I don't want to call the man out, but the whole thing is a bit suspect.

I think AJ is telling the truth when he says he wants to stay.  I also think he's manipulating his injury to gain contract leverage.  Now if a deal doesn't get done, the Bengals either look incompetent for not trading him or get painted as the bad guys for using the FT.

Personally, it seems like AJ is overvaluing himself.  While he's great when healthy, he misses a ton of games.  It's also not like he hasn't been paid.  His current deal made him the highest paid WR in the league when he signed it.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: AJ and FO Very far apart in contract talks. - Whatever - 10-31-2019, 07:52 PM