Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Reds pick up free agency pitcher?
(11-08-2019, 11:52 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: He also hit .238 with a .276 OBP. You could sign Iglesias and a good reliever for the price of Didi. I can see where Didi could have more offensive upside. I’m just not sure that the numbers will justify the money difference, I might be wrong on that though. I just didn’t get why one guy was rated very high and the other guy is rated so low. I really hope that the Reds don’t just roll with the current outfield.

The Reds middle defense HAS to improve above all else. The bullpen also needs a lot of help. While SS may be ok defensively 2nd isn't and Nick Senzel really isn't ever going to be a gold glover in center. For that matter we don't know how he'll fare at 2nd as opposed to 3rd where he was originally drafted. I want to believe the starting pitching will be solid, but as with any starting pitching staff they can go from brilliant one year to batting practice the next. We saw three relief pitchers go from really solid the year before to horrible last year and our closer fell off the edge of the planet from extreme misuse by Bell. I have no idea if Bell has learned a damned thing since last season or not, but if I had to bet the farm on his sudden genius I wouldn't even bet a cow turd on it.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can Reds pick up free agency pitcher? - grampahol - 11-09-2019, 10:39 AM