Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Switched Scouting Practices in 2015
(11-04-2019, 05:48 PM)Au165 Wrote: It makes far more sense to scout from tape than in person. You get better angles and you can replay plays multiple times quickly to confirm what you think you see. To me scouting in person is a relic that serves little purpose in season with today's technology.

If I was investing $20m in an asset I'd want to do both, particularly when Zac is preaching so much about character. It's probably not so much the game performance you miss out on but the networking and the additional insights that can give.

If I was setting up a scouting system I'd look to recruit three very different types of scouts. One type of scout would be tape grinders who watch video all day dissecting technique, another would be data analysts who crunch numbers and design statistical models and the third would be networkers who would always be out on the road talking to people. Three very different skill-sets, offering three different perspectives.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals Switched Scouting Practices in 2015 - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 11-05-2019, 09:52 AM