Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Switched Scouting Practices in 2015
(11-05-2019, 09:55 AM)Au165 Wrote: Like I said, for years scouts have gone to campuses and for years teams have completely misjudged their intangibles.  You can run through a laundry list of 1st round picks in the pre "only tape" era that had every team in the league on campus checking into them and they turned out to be complete busts from a character/work ethic/ etc. stand point. 

All teams go to the major pro days and you can do your onsite "investigating" then versus in season because you are going to get the same dog and pony show as you would mid season. This article was just referencing the scouts specifically during season.

Analytics are the future of scouting the Bengals were taking a page from the Patriots hand book. They even stole one of their analytics guys a couple years back to help that department.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals Switched Scouting Practices in 2015 - Synric - 11-05-2019, 01:18 PM