Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bengals Switched Scouting Practices in 2015
(11-04-2019, 07:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Film's nice and all, but I think the reason "normal" teams send scouts to games is to speak with potential targets and pick their brains. Normal teams care as much about a players mental makeup as their athletic ability.

Either way, we have fewer guys to watch film or do anything scouting departments do.

This.   There are just different things that can be gleaned from being there.  Even if you would not be able to interview them you can watch their demeanor and interactions with teammates & coaches.

And yeah, with every way you evaluate there needs to be more evaluators - and probably better ones.

I'm sure Tobin is doing some analysis on what differentiated the bad drafts from the good ones.   I realize there is always the luck factor, but I would hope they could identify something.

More is not always better, but it sure seems like they are missing stuff on our prospects.   I think of Mack Wilson.   They obviously were not alone, but you would want to determine what everyone missed.  The more guys the more time to spend both with prospects in person and on film.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Bengals Switched Scouting Practices in 2015 - 3wt - 11-05-2019, 03:32 PM