Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dayton Flyers Hoops No Longer On TV For Me
The TV listing thing posted, I clicked, saved and have been using. I gave Rep Points for that,

I really enjoyed this Thanksgiving Week as Dayton took on Chaminade, Brigham Young, UCLA, Michigan State, Georgia, Virginia Tech and Kansas in Maui Tourney on ESPN. Dayton beat Georgia by around 20 points. Then Virginia Tech who beat Michigan State lost to Dayton by around 20 points. The Championship with Kansas went back and forth. Kansas had to go into Overtime to get a win over Dayton. The announcers issued a Warning for college basketball in, " Watch out for Dayton this year, this is a great team ". They were most impressed by 6'9" tall Obi Toppin, who announcers say will be an NBA draft pick and will be playing a lot in the NBA. He is quick, fast, dunks, hits the 3, most important runs up and down court as you have to in NBA. He has a Lebron James non stop motor to him, as the NBA requires. Dayton has many other good players, it's the NBA bound Toppin stands out.

I also like the coach. Donoher played for Blackburn. Now we have Antony Grant who played for Donoher. Bobby Knight use to show Donoher Dayton film to Indiana on how to play Defense. Grant has that Defense back. I like that they have went back a little to Blackburn and Donoher with Grant. Grant was on those Chapman teams under Donoher that went to Final 8 in NCAA in 1983-1984 season. Grant is his own man, don't get me wrong, but he does come from Donoher who came from Blackburn, so it is a return to what we knew as UD BASKETBALL.

Dayton plays like Seniors as they make good crisp passes and run plays like Seniors. They do not look like high school ball Freshmen. Dayton beat the heck out of Georgia and Virginia Tech and took Kansas into Overtime with what the ESPN announcers called, " GREAT BASKETBALL. Great passes. GREAT BASKETBALL. A well seasoned, well coached team that should be TOP 20 in Nation. " .
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dayton Flyers Hoops No Longer On TV For Me - kevin - 11-29-2019, 06:10 PM