Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mike's reaction at the inception of free agency
(11-08-2019, 07:28 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'd love a reporter to question Mike Brown about this quote. Did he reallyu say that? Does he still think that? What are his honest thoughts about free agency? I know it won't happen but just to see his reaction might be enough for me.

Based on his comments over the years concerning free agency, I'd say it's likely that he said what Quinn stated, and I'd bet that he pretty much still feels the same way now. 

Worse than that though, is his weird thought process when it comes to signing free agents, as shown in this exchange with Jim O:

Mike: “We will have to allocate the cap room that we have to a combination of our own players, and that will be first and foremost, and then it will be what else we can do to add the team.”

Jim: “Is some of that a scouting, or staffing issue – having a pro personnel side – it’s not about money or activity, but it’s about finding better players from other teams?”

Mike: “There are players that would fit us. Tell me how to fit them. It’s trying to put a size 12 foot in a size five shoe. It doesn’t work.” 

Nervous
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike's reaction at the inception of free agency - Bengalholic - 11-08-2019, 08:08 PM