Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals need Joe Burrow as QB
(11-11-2019, 03:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Taylor has been asked questions about Turner and gives Turner 100% support.

Were you aware that Taylor got hired at UC as the offensive coordinator because of Jim Turner recommending him to Tuberville? Taylor won't turn on Turner. They're buddies.

That's a problem then.  A good GM would address that immediately.

I don't care how close you are to the person, what I care about is results.

So when ZT said he wanted to bring in Turner.  The questions that should've be asked was "Can he coach?", "Will the players respond to him considering his history?".  Then "OK, we will give it a shot." if the answers are satisfactory.

At this point in the season with the record what it is, I would have both guys in my office and ask them why the OLine looks so bad?  Why is Glenn basically sitting out this season? (I would also have a 1 on 1 with Glenn to find out what his issue really is.)  Having meetings with the position group of players I would be asking if anyone has a problem with playing for Turner.  This doesn't mean I don't hire Turner, but I want to make sure that the guys we get are willing to play for him, if no one will play for him then I would have no choice but to veto ZT in his selection.  If ZT doesn't like it, then he can quit.  Again I don't care about the personal feelings, my goal is to win, in order to win you have to make sure everyone is on the same page. 

Good sports journalist would try to pry out of the current players what their thoughts on Turner is.  They would also reach out to Boling and Westerman and find out why they retired at this point.  Make sure that the retirement is because they wanted to and not because of any issues they have with Turner.

Again Price was drafted with Pollack as the OLine coach, his abysmal performance I believe has to do with the coaching and not because of his ability.  I know someone has lamely stated that "he has short arms and lunges", a good coach would be able to work with him on this and get him to stop with the lunging, from what I read he has a "strong anchor that is hard to move" so he shouldn't be lunging anyway.  He should be keeping his center and moving in a way to keep that anchor while not allowing the defender to go by him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals need Joe Burrow as QB - Synric - 11-11-2019, 12:57 PM
RE: Bengals need Joe Burrow as QB - JSR18 - 11-11-2019, 01:32 PM
RE: Bengals need Joe Burrow as QB - JSR18 - 11-11-2019, 01:14 PM
RE: Bengals need Joe Burrow as QB - OswaldsLegacy - 11-11-2019, 04:24 PM
RE: Bengals need Joe Burrow as QB - Destro - 11-11-2019, 02:45 PM